Academic Advising and Course Registration

Enhancing success in undergraduate study.

Academic Advising

The Director of Academic Programs, Amanda Crombie, manages academic advising for Batten students. Students meet with her at least once each year to discuss academic requirements and progress toward the degree. She also processes all College of Arts and Sciences second major and minor declarations and verifies completion of these requirements for the degree. The Assistant Director of Academic Programs and Registrar, Kristine Nelson, advises students interested in studying abroad.

Click HERE to schedule an appointment with a member of the Academic Advising team.

Course Registration

Students may contact the Director of Academic Programs or the Assistant Director of Academic Programs and Registrar at any time for assistance. They maintain all student academic records, manage the electronic degree audit, and verify the completion of academic requirements for degree conferral. In addition, they monitor all student progress every semester and counsel students individually as needed. Students are invited to schedule an appointment or simply stop by their offices at any time, for any reason. 

Batten School courses are listed under the following mnemonics: LPPA, LPPL, LPPP and LPPS  
LPPA: Leadership and Public Policy – Evaluation and Analysis courses (economics, research methods, and data analysis)
LPPL: Leadership and Public Policy – Leadership courses (leadership)
LPPP: Leadership and Public Policy – Policy courses (policy based)
LPPS: Leadership and Public Policy – Substantive area courses (education, environmental, development, health, humanitarian, national security, social entrepreneurship, etc.)
To view a comprehensive list of a certain semester’s Batten School courses in SIS, choose the following search criteria:

Term: Select a Term [i.e. “2019 Fall”]
Department: Public Policy
Campus: Main Campus

Declaring a major outside of Batten

To declare a major or minor in the College of Arts and Sciences:

  • Obtain a Major/Minor Declaration Form from Monroe Hall.

  • Have the department complete and sign the form.

  • Deliver the completed form to the Batten School Registrar.